Pursuing your competitive edge and uncovering the secrets to success.
IF I HAD invested R10,000 in 1975 it would be worth R107-million today.
The loss of potential highlighted by this fact has also made me aware of the potential lost to the years of not actively pursuing a competitive edge. It was also the driving force that led to the creation of The Institute for Success, where we teach and encourage others not to make the same mistakes.
The Institute for Success understands the needs of individu-als, entrepreneurs and businesses, enabling us to provide viable, workable solutions. At the institute we study the science of success and achievement and have assisted numerous individu-als and businesses in achieving their goals. We are also the dynamic creators of the ‘1 + 1 = 3’ model, guaranteed to leave people ‘walking six feet off the ground’ after engagements.
We like money, how about you? Do you have a relationship with money? I am not saying money is everything but having a relationship with wealth and money is important. Achieving suc-cess is a way of life and the main difference between the wealthy and the poor is their physiology. If you see your business as nothing more than a job, then you have serious trouble.
In previous articles I have shared what I believe are the ingre-dients for success based on my personal experience. Personal experience is what gives us our competitive edge. However, I encounter more and more people who want success but are not willing to pay the price or do the work.
How does one achieve success? How can one make the money? The answer is simple. Offer your clients more value than your competitors. That is the recipe for success advocated and implement by the institute.
AT THE INSTITUTE FOR SUCCESS OUR ASSISTANCE IS BASED ON A FIVE PRONGED APPROACH.
- Coaching – We coach participants on what to do or say in particular situations, how to achieve your goal in quick time, how to approach risk taking and creating the 1 + 1 = 3.
- Private consulting – At the Institute for Success we con-sult on all business related matters. Based on our exper-tise gained over many years we offer clients solutions that either allow them to take advantage of a particular situation or save them from making costly mistakes. I was recently reminded of the old adage that you get what you pay for when I asked our lawyer if he was going to charge me a consulting fee for a new matter. To which he replied “Dr Bahadur, when you are sick and visit your doctor, do you pay?” Enough said.
- Enterprise development – The Institute for Success offers a ten day program that teaches business skills to aspiring entrepreneurs. We will build on this service in the forthcoming year when we launch an Entrepreneur Kit to assist newcomers to the world of business.
- Products – Much has been said about our book “Succeed with Nothing”, that has sold more than 2,000 copies in less than two years. I am currently working on a second book entitled ‘Personal Finance through Wealth’.
- Document compilation – We help our clients achieve a competitive edge by drafting business plans, strategizing and marketing documents. The numerous business plans and training manuals we have authored ensure that our clients walk away with a bankable and professional docu-ment. As I was reminded – you get what you pay for!
By hitting the ground running in 2012 the Institute for Success has been able to secure an appointment as management to a Funding Platform. A gigantic scoop for us as it echoes the suc-cess of what we have been, and will continue doing. The Institute for Success is all about adding value and we stand firm in our belief that the only way to become rich is to add more value than your competitors.